Discovering other bloggers is always a rewarding experience as you follow their journeys and discuss traveling through this impressive world. It is another thing for those bloggers to nominate you for awards. Jenni of Just Chasing Rabbits nominated me for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers” Award.
What an incredible impact to make a lasting impression on someone that understands the work that goes into making a Travel Blog successful.
What a great honor, to be recognized by your peers for doing what you love.
“Sisterhood of the World Bloggers” Award
What is the ‘Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award’? This is an award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers. It’s a way of networking, getting to know one another, and sending a little happiness and much-needed recognition to another blogger who deserves it!
Once nominated, you thank the blogger that nominated you and answer their 10 questions. Then, you pass along this award to 10 other bloggers you believe deserve it along with 10 questions of your own for them to answer.
Learn All About Me
Thanks Jenni for asking such great questions, I hope these answers will give you a little more insight into how I LOVE to travel!
1. How long have you considered yourself a “traveler”? I have been traveling since I was a little girl. However, learning the culture and traveling internationally I would probably say only the past couple years. I now ‘feel’ like a traveler because whenever we return home from a trip, I have a much better knowledge of the area and culture that I just experienced.
Long gone are the days of just relaxing on a beach (though of course who doesn’t love to do that!), traveling for me is now about heading out and exploring my surroundings. That’s what I classify as a well-versed traveler.
2. What is your funniest travel story? There are so many stories to choose from so I will go with the one that really stands out – the sweet tea experience! This has happened several times which makes it funny, though you would think I would get use to not having sweet tea when we travel away from the south in the states, but I don’t.
It started in New York and I asked for sweet tea and that was the longest 30 seconds of our waitress starting at me then Chris said we are in New York. (face palm) I thought everywhere sold sweet tea, then I realized that the majority of places don’t even have a clue what I am talking about! Ah well, the joys of southern living.
3. Why is travel important? I loved growing up in a small town in Arkansas called Cash. However, as I got older I felt a strong sense of wanting to explore and learn about all of the history that surrounded me. I was intrigued but I never thought about traveling for whatever reason.
I met Chris in 2008 and immediately realized that traveling was something we had in common and our journey began. I feel more educated about all the destinations around the world we have traveled to, and after initially only being able to read about them, now being able to actually see it with my own eyes is an incredible feeling.
Travel is the most rewarding experience you can have! Without doubt I would encourage EVERYONE to get out of their own back yard and explore this huge world we live in. Start from a young age and broaden your horizons – you won’t be disappointed.
4. What is the biggest lesson this world has taught you? To be open-minded! It’s not about what you hear and see through the eyes of the media. It’s about being present in a different dream that is someone’s everyday life and learning and understanding how different cultures perform their day to day lives.
5. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? That we are blind to all fear – people hate traveling because of some type of fear! For someone who never thought about traveling because they hate to fly, and for that person to be in Iceland seeing the Northern Lights or visiting the Blue Lagoon, when they never thought that was possible. This is the sort of inspiration I am striving for!
Overcoming your fears will allow you to experience so much more. Everywhere we look there is something to be fearful of, but living a life of fear will never allow you to truly enjoy your surroundings. I hope that as a ‘small town girl from Arkansas’, I can now inspire people to overcome their anxiety of traveling and enjoy as much of the world as I have done.
6. Couple or solo travel? Why? Couple for sure. I traveled solo a few times before Chris and I were together but sharing the journey with someone is the best part for me. I wouldn’t have it any other way, than the love of my life by my side as we travel through our life exploring the world.
7. What is one travel tip you’d tell to a fellow traveling sister (packing tip? safety tip?)? It is never what you expect, don’t have any preconceived notions about the place you are going. Be carefree but alert, get a early start to everyday, try local food always, have a blast!
8. What one destination could you visit again and again without ever tiring of it? Why? New York City, there is so much in the city and out of the city that you can explore. Every time we visit we always see something new.
9. What is the one item you can never leave home without? My camera! Each exposure is a lasting memory and something that we will always treasure.
10. How has blogging been rewarding for you? Inspiring others to branch out of their comfort zones and travel to the unknown is an amazing feeling. Being able to share all my experiences with my husband is truly the most rewarding aspect of traveling.
To share in writing for others to see exactly what it is like across the pond if they have never been or if they have been and our stories makes them remember stories from the past.
There are so many amazing travelers out there, so it was incredibly difficult to choose just 10 but here we go with my nominees!
Ashley from A Southern Gypsy
Hannah from Eat Sleep Breathe Travel
Cacinda From Points and Travel
Maggie from Mags On The Move
Roma from Roaming Required
Marissa from MAD Travel Diaries
Trupti from Exploring the Blue Marble
Andrea from Andrea on Vacation
Anda from Travel Notes and Beyond
Kate from Adventurous Kate
1. What made you start a blog?
2. What is the best travel “hack” that works for you?
3. If you had no limitations, where would you go? Why?
4. Do you collect anything from your travels?
5. Favorite travel location and why?
6. One place that you haven’t been to yet but can’t wait to go?
7. Your flight is delayed what do you do with your extra time?
8. What are your top 10 must-haves?
9. If you could provide any advice on traveling what would you recommend?
10.What the best part of traveling for you?
Please send me a link to your answers when completed either in the comments below or on social media!
I hope you all enjoy the questions and thanks to Jenni for the nomination. Being chosen for an award is always awesome but having one just for us girls is pretty special.